gfxgfxTFCog Forumsgfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Transformers Fandubs
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 15, 2017, 06:51:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
gfx
gfx
gfxgfx
gfxgfx gfxgfx
Search:     Advanced search
gfxgfx Home Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
+  TFCog Forums
|-+  Partner Websites
| |-+  Virtual Transformers (Moderator: Rodimus_2316)
| | |-+  Help Wanted: "G1 Transformers cartoon: Virtual Season 4 Extension Project"
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Help Wanted: "G1 Transformers cartoon: Virtual Season 4 Extension Project"  (Read 16485 times)
Skullgrin140
Super

Duck & Cover

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2008, 11:12:01 PM »

I would like to help in the writing staff any positions are avalible, also how exactly is this gonna look? like an animated Cartoon or Animated Comic like BlackBB's war within epic?
Rodimus_2316
Voyager

Virtual Transformers Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2008, 08:24:12 PM »

I would like to help in the writing staff any positions are avalible, also how exactly is this gonna look? like an animated Cartoon or Animated Comic like BlackBB's war within epic?

I'm thinking story in the middle of the page, with "screen grabs" long the sides of the story, vertically.  Is that what you meant?

- Rodimus_2316

G1 Transformers Cartoon: Virtual Season 4 Extension:
http://www.virtualtransformerstv.thetfcog.com (UNDER CONSTRUCTION)
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PVTransformers

(Sunbow) G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero: Virtual Season 3:
http://www.virtualgijoetv.thetfcog.com (UNDER CONSTRUCTION)
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Virtual_GI_Joe
Time Lord
Supreme

TFCog's Resident Pimp

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2008, 08:45:33 PM »

Nah, that I don't like. Sorry Roddy.

We should try to make it as a animation. 3B has proved that you can have limited experience and still make an engaging cartoon (he's doing the whole thing on Photoshop!).

I OWN THE MAGNUS HAMMER!
Rodimus_2316
Voyager

Virtual Transformers Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2008, 12:57:55 AM »

We should try to make it as a animation. 3B has proved that you can have limited experience and still make an engaging cartoon (he's doing the whole thing on Photoshop!).

We can't make it as good as the real toon, so why not use standard virtual text-fanfic-eps, with pic screen-grabs?  It'd be the closest thing we could to do really continuing the real show, leaving the rest to the imagination of the reader/viewer.

And this cartoon you mean, where can I find it?

- Rodimus_2316

G1 Transformers Cartoon: Virtual Season 4 Extension:
http://www.virtualtransformerstv.thetfcog.com (UNDER CONSTRUCTION)
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PVTransformers

(Sunbow) G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero: Virtual Season 3:
http://www.virtualgijoetv.thetfcog.com (UNDER CONSTRUCTION)
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Virtual_GI_Joe
ProwlsGirl
Voyager

Freedom is the right of all sentient beings

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2008, 06:35:43 AM »

We can't make it as good as the real toon, so why not use standard virtual text-fanfic-eps, with pic screen-grabs?  It'd be the closest thing we could to do really continuing the real show, leaving the rest to the imagination of the reader/viewer.

And this cartoon you mean, where can I find it?

I think he's talking about 3B's War Within.

"Bumblebee, stop lubercating on the man." - 2007 Optimus Prime

"Logic is the ultiime weapon." - Prowl
Time Lord
Supreme

TFCog's Resident Pimp

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2008, 11:46:50 AM »

Yup, one and the same! 3B talked on how he animated the comic scans some time ago, so in theory it could like this:

A storyboard showing the direction dues

Have a large amount of painted backgrounds (Desert / jungle / forrest / city / alien planet, you name it)

someone to electronically colour the props

Pre-drawn models of the characters needed for the project in various poses and forms of movement for the limbs, with head shots with different "kits" showing different expressions and mouth movements.

Visual effects for gun fire, flashes etc

Sound effects

incidental music

and above all else: A voice cast!  Smiley

Now having said all that, don't ask me how to animate it, because I have no idea!  Stupid!

I OWN THE MAGNUS HAMMER!
Skullgrin140
Super

Duck & Cover

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2008, 01:38:11 PM »

Who thinks that the Animation should be like Broken Saints? Because if you look and see how they did there animation I think that could work for this. If not then maybe Flash or 3D or something, I dont know.
Black Bumblebee
Supreme

Shattered Glass version

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2008, 04:28:11 PM »

It could be done, sure. Though in order to keep things moving at a quick pace, I would highly suggest keeping the animation simple. Lots of head-shots and shots of the characters from far away. Walking can become problematic as your animator would have to draw lots of different stills in order to get it to work. You'd be surprised what you can get away with with a simple "zoom" or "pan" effect though.

"Susan hated literature. She'd much rather read a good book." (Terry Pratchett)
LadyStarscream
Basic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2010, 10:08:09 AM »

Most animation has a frame rate of 30 frames per second, but I'm sure you could pare it sown to about 20, possibly less. If you draw out the first and the last fram, it's pretty easy to fill out what's in between and animate it with either GIF animator or windows movie maker.

But if you don't want to do animation, I can see why. :-)

Do you still need voiceactors? I can do a female voice if you need someone. I'm not good with guy voices since I'm female. :-)

Yes, I am me. Except for on YouTube, Deviantart (I'm 00-LadyStarscream-00) and Seiibertron.com and TFW2005 where some other glitches thought they'd use the name of someone who has their own website to get popular. Not gonna happen! You're not me. No I'm not having an identity crisis. I've had this name since 1999/2000, deal with it.
ShadeC4
Supreme

More humnan than human, lit like a Molotov.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2010, 01:40:45 PM »

I'm not good with guy voices since I'm female. :-)
You'd be amazed how uncommon that is...

LadyStarscream
Basic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2010, 07:02:01 AM »

I'm not good with guy voices since I'm female. :-)
You'd be amazed how uncommon that is...

I suppose I could try. I've never really tried to do a guy's voice before. The only female I've ever heard of doing a boy's voice was that lady who voiced Bart simpson...
Do you still need people to voice characters?

Yes, I am me. Except for on YouTube, Deviantart (I'm 00-LadyStarscream-00) and Seiibertron.com and TFW2005 where some other glitches thought they'd use the name of someone who has their own website to get popular. Not gonna happen! You're not me. No I'm not having an identity crisis. I've had this name since 1999/2000, deal with it.
ShadeC4
Supreme

More humnan than human, lit like a Molotov.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2010, 05:22:14 PM »

It is quite common for young boy characters in animated series to be voiced by females since their voices are quite high anyways. But there have been older male characters voiced by females. Not every guy has a deep voice just as not every woman has a high voice. I was partly getting at that there are a lot of women with not high voices. I'm 1 of them.

If your voice can't pull off a decent sounding enough masculine voice then it can't. Nothing wrong with that. Just didn't like the way you stereotyped women like that.

JTV
Basic

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2011, 03:04:02 PM »

Animation?

I R Back
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: