gfxgfxTFCog Forumsgfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Transformers Fandubs
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 18, 2017, 12:30:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
gfx
gfx
gfxgfx
gfxgfx gfxgfx
Search:     Advanced search
gfxgfx Home Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
+  TFCog Forums
|-+  Partner Websites
| |-+  Virtual Transformers (Moderator: Rodimus_2316)
| | |-+  Message from Rodimus_2316
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Message from Rodimus_2316  (Read 7793 times)
Brandon
Brandon Williams
Administrator
Supreme

TFCog Producer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2009, 07:35:50 AM »

3 = somewhere around $15 Canadian, so you can pretty much imagine how much 300 to 400 is. ;x

More like $5

Producer of Victory FDP, Beast Wars II FDP & Beast Wars Neo FDP
ShadeC4
Supreme

More humnan than human, lit like a Molotov.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2009, 10:09:13 AM »

I think I'm used to looking at final prices on eBay. xD;; Still, though, it's rather expensive. >_> 300 multiplied by 5 is 1500. <_<;

Time Lord
Supreme

TFCog's Resident Pimp

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2009, 12:04:56 PM »

Well as far as current price difference is concerned: I've just payed $30 for a purchase ($20 for the items, $10 for shipping) and when I looked at the bill it transformed into under 23 (UK pounds). So there you go.

I OWN THE MAGNUS HAMMER!
ShadeC4
Supreme

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2009, 03:08:28 PM »

Is that US dollars or Canadian dollars? Most buy/sell/trade sites have the default currency as US dollars.

Black Bumblebee
Supreme

Shattered Glass version

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2009, 03:24:09 PM »

My secret to finding good G1 'bots cheap is not to look by the character name, but to look through the "lots" that pop up. Scoop up a whole slew of Transformers in which the guy/girl is stating "I don't know who these are, but you can have them!"

Actually got a Diaclone Starscream that way once without even knowing it.

"Susan hated literature. She'd much rather read a good book." (Terry Pratchett)
ShadeC4
Supreme

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2009, 04:11:03 PM »

Yeah, I was thinking of doing that, too... Lots are a great way to get things on the cheap, plus you can re-sell anything you don't want. I know kitbashers are always looking for separated parts so we don't have to spend on an entire figure for just 1 part...

Time Lord
Supreme

TFCog's Resident Pimp

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2009, 08:18:39 PM »

Is that US dollars or Canadian dollars? Most buy/sell/trade sites have the default currency as US dollars.
American Dollars  Wink And yeah, some of the best hauls I've ever had have come from boot / Yard sales and charity shops (BW TM2 Megs, Armada Tidal Wave) and even in trades for comic books! (RiD Scourge, G1 Hot Rod, Some Universe toys, etc), so I like a good bargain.  Smiley

I OWN THE MAGNUS HAMMER!
ShadeC4
Supreme

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2009, 11:02:01 PM »

Yeah, since Brandon and I are Canadian, we were talking Canadian dollars, Timey. ;p There IS a difference - and it's only growing more significant. >.>;

Cypherplex
Supreme

I play Apache in English!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2009, 12:58:32 AM »

Gabe loves fixing junkers.

Yeah, I do, especially if the toy was mine to begin with. Very satisfying to fix a toy you've played with when you were a kid.

I fixed my Frenzy today. His leg is now properly reattached and he stands/transforms/fits in Soundwave perfectly!

Too bad I lost Rumble all those years ago.

"I managed to correlate what other people consider to be a serious mental illness into a lucrative and highly profitable career." - Scott McNeil

I did not make this picture, but it's hilarious.
Brandon
Brandon Williams
Administrator
Supreme

TFCog Producer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2009, 03:52:39 PM »

I used to want to buy huge lots of junkers from eBay and try and fix them all up.

Then I realized this was an unrealistic project for me.

ShadeC4
Supreme

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2009, 04:28:38 PM »

Why unrealistic for you? Time? $$$?

Brandon
Brandon Williams
Administrator
Supreme

TFCog Producer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2009, 06:35:55 PM »

Mostly time.

ShadeC4
Supreme

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2009, 11:31:41 PM »

Yeah, such stuff can get time consuming... Mostly cause you get into it and it starts taking over and, before you know it, you've spent a whole day on them.

Cypherplex
Supreme

I play Apache in English!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2009, 01:44:21 AM »

Yeah, I only intend to fix my G1 that have stuck with me all those years.

Hound is next. I've acquired a junker that managed to keep all the parts I broke off intact. I'm in the process if taking it apart, but I keep track of what I do so I can reassemble my own after repairs. Which means that once I have a limb taken apart, I immediately reassemble it on the junker, to make sure I know how to do it on my toy.

After Hound, I'll need a junker of Swoop... Actually I only need the neck and head assembly... but those are the hardest to find. I may end up purchasing one that has an intact head and repairing whatever is broken on that one from my own toy, and then discarding mine as the junker.

Grimlock needs three replacement parts, easy enough to find, so I'm not worried about him. Sideswipe needs cosmetic surgery (which means, mostly, swapping his faded chrome parts with a junker's, as long as the junker has decent chrome. He needs accessories as well).

After that's all fixed, it'll be a case of accessory hunting. Fortunately, www.transformerland.com is quite handy for that, and not too expensive, especially if you're looking for slightly damaged/repairable parts.

"I managed to correlate what other people consider to be a serious mental illness into a lucrative and highly profitable career." - Scott McNeil

I did not make this picture, but it's hilarious.
Black Bumblebee
Supreme

Shattered Glass version

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2009, 02:01:29 AM »

I actually did a nice fix up job on a Swoop once. Had a broken Hasbro Swoop (head), and someone else was selling a broken Diaclone (BLUE CHESTED) Swoop (broken legs)... and as fate / chance would have it, I ALSO had acquired a Hasbro Swoop sticker set from a previous auction.

So, I put them all together and had myself a pretty decent blue chested Swoop for a few years. Alas, had to sell him down the line, but I've got my WST blue chested Swoop now and he's just as purty.

"Susan hated literature. She'd much rather read a good book." (Terry Pratchett)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: