gfxgfxTFCog Forumsgfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
Transformers Fandubs
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2018, 08:21:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
gfx
gfx
gfxgfx
gfxgfx gfxgfx
Search:     Advanced search
gfxgfx Home Help Search Calendar Login Register   gfxgfx
gfx gfx
gfx
+  TFCog Forums
|-+  General Discussion
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderator: Time Lord)
| | |-+  Random Banter
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: Random Banter  (Read 17649 times)
Grimlock000
Basic

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 02, 2012, 07:59:07 PM »

Skyrim. That is all.

Agreed. Skyrim = awesomeness at its best

DeltaSilver88
Ultra

Nobody move! Dropped me brain.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: November 11, 2012, 11:52:31 PM »

I now have a job. However, it's labour market training so I get less pay than other workers do. In compensation, my working day is two hours shorter. Working in a library in the Vantaa region in southern Finland - it's kind of fun and the library is pretty quiet and peaceful. No real rush like a bigger library would have.

EDIT: I've been inactive for a while again. >.> Anime, manga, video games, work and chatting have taken most of my time. I've decided to continue watching One Piece (300+ episodes to go), History's Strongest Disciple, Katekyo Hitman Reborn and Digimon Xros Wars, and just now took up Saint Seiya Omega (I love this show, Orion Eden is such an awesome character). As for video games, I bought a Nintendo 3DS XL recently and decided to get Tales of the Abyss for it. And got obsessed with the game.

Btw, if you guys ever want to do a non-TF dub, try Saint Seiya Omega. It's a really fun show~ 8D ...Then again, it would probably be quite challenging both due to length and the amount of characters. If I got recording equipment, I could even audition myself. XD I probably wouldn't be able to keep up with a main character like Aquila Yuna or split personality character like Gemini Paradox, though. ._. Shaina's too bad-tempered, Sonia and Medea are too evil, Aria's too emo and cute, Raki and Rine are too young, Anne's too old... guess I could try Athena, Shunrei or Peacock Pavlin. Haven't even seen Camelopardalis Bartsch yet.

A dub of "Tales of the Abyss: the Animation" would be awesome. :0 They won't do an English dub of this anime at all and I'm pretty pissed about it. D: I wanted a dub so bad, what with Michael McConnohie, Yuri Lowenthal and Kirk Thornton being so epic in the game. Van, reformed!Luke, Asch and Jade are my favorite characters... especially Jade. "This ends now! Indignation!"
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 08:09:24 PM by DeltaSilver88 » Logged

...Without a hand.
DeltaSilver88
Ultra

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: June 06, 2013, 07:47:46 PM »

I just recently got obsessed with Super Robot Wars OG. ...It's apparently quite a big hit in Japan (been for years) and the music is honestly the best video game music I have ever heard in my life. I even ordered the Super Robot Wars OG soundtrack, and pre-ordered the 2nd Super Robot Wars OG one. XD

So... this series never really came to the western world for some reason. There are three anime series and none of them have ever been dubbed (I haven't even seen fandubs) - in case you guys want a mecha series to dub, try this one. The characters are quite a challenge to voice and there's a good dose of both male and female roles...

In fact, one of the biggest challenges to voice would be Sänger Zonvolt. XD He's the most badass mecha pilot in the entire series because HE CLEAVES EVIL. AND HAS LOUD BATTLE CRIES. And is a German samurai whose only worthy rival is his own clone from a parallel world.

And then there's poor old Vigagi whose role as a dangerous villain is reduced to comic relief after Sänger, Rätsel and Shu show up. The 4th wall proves too much for him to handle. "What the heck is episode 15?!" and (about Rätsel's name) "Mysterious gourmet? Is my translator broken?!"

Oh, right. ...Shu Shirakawa is one of the most badass pilots along with Sänger. He can create black hole clusters to fight his enemies! Can any Transformer beat that, honestly?! XD ...Shu's rape face before killing Vigagi still scares me. Also, when that theme music starts to play, start running. Run fast and far and pray you didn't piss off Shu. Since honestly, if you did, he's going to pull Neo-Granzon on your ass and destroy a section of the solar system in the process.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RL8qiw1cFbo" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RL8qiw1cFbo</a>
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 11:03:37 PM by DeltaSilver88 » Logged

...Without a hand.
DeltaSilver88
Ultra

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: July 03, 2015, 11:01:29 PM »

...Welp. I just found out Brad's playing Scratchmen Apoo in One Piece.

That's a funny coincidence. I mean, I've known him and the entirety of TFCog for nine years now; I became a One Piece fangirl in 2010 or so; and Apoo has my birthday. What the heel. XD

Before I forget, congrats on such a big role~ ...Well, big and big. I'm pretty certain Apoo's going to get way more stuff to do once Kid and his alliance reach the Straw Hats. "Yo, check it out~!"
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 11:22:21 PM by DeltaSilver88 » Logged

...Without a hand.
ZeonicGundam
Supreme

Old enough to be young.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: September 09, 2016, 02:55:18 PM »

I'm still around, alive and kicking... Though I've switched my primary fandom from Transformers to Gundam. I made Transformers into a severely toxic thing for myself so I needed to reduce my exposure to it. Gundam, on the other hand, has become a very positive and creative outlet for me. I joined a group who meet up irl once a month to hang out and work on Gunpla (Gundam plastic model kits) together.

In other news: I beat depression. As in I no longer have it. A little over a year ago I had sexual reassignment surgery and it significantly and permanently (obviously) changed my life for the better.

I also now have glasses. Apparently I have astigmatism in my left eye. Rather enjoying having to wear them. Smiley Though it's still a bit to get used to.

I no longer live alone. Her and I were in a relationship for a year and 8 months, broke up, then, after going through the process of getting over the breakup, becoming friends and good roommates, ended up getting back together. xD So I'm no longer single, either. Smiley It's very nice living with my partner, though. ^_^

DeltaSilver88
Ultra

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: September 11, 2016, 12:20:22 AM »

In other news: I beat depression. As in I no longer have it. A little over a year ago I had sexual reassignment surgery and it significantly and permanently (obviously) changed my life for the better.

I no longer live alone. Her and I were in a relationship for a year and 8 months, broke up, then, after going through the process of getting over the breakup, becoming friends and good roommates, ended up getting back together. xD So I'm no longer single, either. Smiley It's very nice living with my partner, though. ^_^

Ooh, that's great to hear! Sounds like everything is going the right way for you now~

I also now have glasses. Apparently I have astigmatism in my left eye. Rather enjoying having to wear them. Smiley Though it's still a bit to get used to.

I actually got glasses years ago, too. XD Though I still don't use my pair at all - can't get used to the frame pressing on my nose, I get headache each time I try. Not that I need them - I see perfectly well, it's far away stuff like bus numbers that look smudgy.

I'm still around, alive and kicking... Though I've switched my primary fandom from Transformers to Gundam. I made Transformers into a severely toxic thing for myself so I needed to reduce my exposure to it. Gundam, on the other hand, has become a very positive and creative outlet for me. I joined a group who meet up irl once a month to hang out and work on Gunpla (Gundam plastic model kits) together.

I've been meaning to get into this fandom... I remember seeing some Gundam Wing episodes years ago (a decade? idk), but that's it so far. XD

I can relate to 'switching fandoms'... Transformers used to be my primary fandom before 2006, but from then on it slowly started going out like a candle (I think I finally lost interest around 2009-2010). Unfortunately I don't think I'll ever love the franchise as much as I used to - most of the new series are terrible compared to G1, Beast Wars and the Japanese series. ...I think the final nail in that proverbial coffin was Super Robot Wars in 2013. It's been my favorite robot franchise ever since (for several different reasons) and Transformers really has no chance of overtaking it anymore.

In fact, I got so engrossed in SRW that I finally caved this year. Bought a PS4, Super Robot Wars OG: Moon Dwellers (in English), Super Robot Wars V (in English), Super Robot Wars A Portable (in Japanese) and all volumes of the SRWOG: Record of ATX manga (in Japanese). XD I already got JAM Project's "Max the Power" album and the OSTs to Super Robot Wars OG and 2nd Super Robot Wars OG three years ago. ...I just wish people outside Japan knew this series and Cyber Formula better so I could fangirl them...
« Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 12:21:56 AM by DeltaSilver88 » Logged

...Without a hand.
ZeonicGundam
Supreme

Old enough to be young.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: September 11, 2016, 02:44:00 PM »

Ooh, that's great to hear! Sounds like everything is going the right way for you now~
Yeah, it's amazing being free from that. Was really weird to get used to at first since, of course, I was used to the ups and downs. It's nice being able to not fear myself anymore. Smiley

I actually got glasses years ago, too. XD Though I still don't use my pair at all - can't get used to the frame pressing on my nose, I get headache each time I try. Not that I need them - I see perfectly well, it's far away stuff like bus numbers that look smudgy.
That describes my eyesight, too. xD But I was specifically told I need to wear them all the time. I'm to the point now that my eyes rely on them as, without them, my vision blurs more stuff. I think that means my eyes don't have to strain as much to see anymore with them on so they stay relaxed and just go crazy with blurriness.

I have a small bit of photo sensitivity as well so I have to wear sunglasses when going out. So I was already used to wearing them. Just had to get used to practically never being without them.

I've been meaning to get into this fandom... I remember seeing some Gundam Wing episodes years ago (a decade? idk), but that's it so far. XD
Imo Wing isn't that good. I have nostalgia for it and Gundam Wing Endless Waltz is what I watch as a holiday season tradition, but there are far superior series out there. But it all hinges around personal taste.

I can relate to 'switching fandoms'... Transformers used to be my primary fandom before 2006, but from then on it slowly started going out like a candle (I think I finally lost interest around 2009-2010). Unfortunately I don't think I'll ever love the franchise as much as I used to - most of the new series are terrible compared to G1, Beast Wars and the Japanese series. ...I think the final nail in that proverbial coffin was Super Robot Wars in 2013. It's been my favorite robot franchise ever since (for several different reasons) and Transformers really has no chance of overtaking it anymore.
I've still been keeping up with the shows and quite enjoying them. I just don't get so much into the toys and don't keep up with the lore so much anymore. But I also don't like G1 very much, my nostalgia for it wore off years ago. Still absolutely love the original movie, though. Don't think the magic of that will wear off for me any time soon.

DeltaSilver88
Ultra

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: October 17, 2016, 01:43:00 PM »

Don't think the magic of that will wear off for me any time soon.

That's a perfect line to describe my relationship with Saint Seiya. XD Been into it since 2005-2006, still a fangirl. 10 years worth of it, compared to 3-6 years of Transformers... (David Eddings's fantasy books and Digimon take the cake, tho. Got 16 years on both of them.)

...Without a hand.
ZeonicGundam
Supreme

Old enough to be young.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: October 17, 2016, 02:08:27 PM »

That's a perfect line to describe my relationship with Saint Seiya. XD Been into it since 2005-2006, still a fangirl. 10 years worth of it, compared to 3-6 years of Transformers... (David Eddings's fantasy books and Digimon take the cake, tho. Got 16 years on both of them.)
May your passion for it be eternal. Smiley

DeltaSilver88
Ultra

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: March 27, 2018, 11:14:04 AM »

So... Banpresto made another Super Robot Wars game (X), and gave it English subs like Moon Dwellers and V before it. I honestly thought the English releases were a one-off thing, but it seems it was a more permanent decision.

The roster is really good, though I'm a little disappointed at the lack of Getter Robo (they were in V). This game is actually really interesting since it takes place in a magical world called Al-Warth, and some of the mecha entries are more fantasy-based than sci-fi (Mashin Eiyuuden Wataru, Buddy Complex with its time travel, Dunbine; technically even Gurren Lagann, Code Geass and Cross Ange count). The more sci-fi series are the Gundam ones (Reconquista in G is the newest entry) and Shin Mazinger Z (which also uses Mazinger Zero and Mazinkaiser this time). Not sure where to place Might Gaine, Daitarn-3 and Umi no Nadia.

I'm especially excited about the addition of Wataru since that show is OLD and has a lot of One Piece voice actors, including Mayumi Tanaka (Luffy) playing Wataru. Not to mention Kurama apparently regains his human form in the game. ...Finally it's possible to "play" as a Kouichi Yamadera character, considering he only played villains in V (Abelt Dessler and Hokushin).

...Without a hand.
ZeonicGundam
Supreme

Old enough to be young.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: March 28, 2018, 10:24:55 AM »

I underwent a significant username change all across the net. It reflects how much I've changed and also it's the name I took when I started streaming on Twitch. Smiley I don't play games, though. I build and kitbash Gunpla. :3 It's intended to just be a place for me to hang out while I build. I stream every 2nd Sunday, starting at about 3 to 4 pm central time. Next stream is this coming weekend, pending any complications (last 3 were cancelled due to insomnia, stomach flu and anxiety respectively).

I also have found a video game thay is nearly everything I want in a game: Warframe. The only thing that keeps it from being perfect is the Warframes themselves aren't as mechanical looking as I'd like. Incredibly minor thing, really. Smiley

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: